We encourage you to study with us to reap the benefits of this quality education, and to experience Canadian culture and the lifestyle of beautiful Vancouver Island.
Welcome to the Nanaimo-Ladysmith International Student Education (ISE Nanaimo) Program. For more than a decade high school students from many nations of the world have been studying in Nanaimo to take advantage of the top-quality Canadian education that we offer. Some students come to improve their English skills and to learn about Canadian culture while advancing their knowledge in mathematics, sciences, social studies. Others come to graduate with a British Columbia High School Diploma in order to advance to university.
The high school year consists of two placement options:
- Full Year Program – September to June
- Five Month Program – September to January or February to June
Short term programs subject to availability. Please contact the ISE office for details.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- School textbooks, workbooks, yearbook, graduation fees, and school locker rental
- Athletic fees for one team sport; additional fees will be required for students who participate on multiple teams
- Some program and school activities
- Academic and Homestay monitoring and intervention
School life in Nanaimo offers many extracurricular activities, including:
- athletic teams (soccer, rowing, golfing, basketball, rugby, etc.)
- clubs (drama, newspaper production, yearbook production, etc.)
- performing arts (jazz band, tour band, dance club, musical theatre)
- social events (dances, school spirit promotions, etc.)
Secondary School Calendar
Ensure you stay up to date on the latest with the International Education Secondary Program.
View our Secondary School Calendar.
Academy programs are available in Nanaimo Ladysmith Secondary Schools: